Beans pack quite a punch. These are delicious and fulfilling options for vegan meals. Here are some bean soup recipes you can try.
Recipe 1 – 15 Bean Soup
- Bean soup mix
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 carrots
- 3 celery ribs
- 6 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Freshly cracked pepper
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Place the beans in a huge bowl and add some water until the beans are covered with water. Let them soak overnight
- Drain the water next day and wash the beans thoroughly.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Add the coconut oil to a huge pot and sauté the diced onion and garlic.
- Dice the celery and carrot meanwhile and add these to the pot as well once the onions are done.
- Add the beans next and 6 cups of water.
- Cover the pot with a lid and let it boil. As soon as it comes to a boil, reduce the flame and let boil.
- The beans need to simmer for 90 minutes. you can also pressure cook the beans after sauteing the vegetables if need to save time.
- Once the beans are cooked and the water looks thick and cloudy, add the tomatoes, and all the other spices. Let cook for another 20 minutes.
- Add the salt as per taste, give it a nice stir and add the vinegar in the end.
This soup recipe is 100% vegan and very healthy. You can have it for lunch if you want to skip carbs and go in for a healthy lunch meal.
Recipe 2 – Mediterranean White Bean Soup
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 celery rib chopped
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- I carrot chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 cans of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Parsley for garnishing
- Grated parmesan for serving
- Take a large soup pan or a pot and heat olive oil over medium flame. Add the onions, garlic and celery and cook until they are soft. Next, add the carrots, thyme, oregano, sat and pepper and cook for some more time
- Add the vegetable broth and beans and again bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let cook for 15 minutes more. Add all the other spices and mix well.
- In the end, add spinach and let it wilt.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with grated parmesan and fresh parsley. Your soup is ready and you can serve hot.
This is a typical Mediterranean soup made quite often. It is perfect for vegans as well. You can skip the parmesan cheese, if you are a vegan.
These are two best and delicious bean soup recipes you must try.