Potatoes are so versatile that it can increase the taste of any dish instantly. However, it can alone represent itself in various forms like fries, chips, nuggets, soups. Loaded with protein, carbohydrate, potassium, iron, fiber, Vitamin-B6, and Vitamin-C, potatoes can fulfill the requirement of nutrients in your body. Thus, we feel the urge to know the potato soup recipe that we can cook at home pretty quickly.
There are several potato soup recipes on the internet. Every recipe has its uniqueness. So here is such a recipe that is easy to make and doesn’t need a lot of ingredients to cook. To make the potato soup, you will need-
- 500 grams of diced potatoes.
- 1/2 a cup of chopped onions.
- 1/2 a cup of chopped celery.
- 4-6 pods of garlic (grated)
- 3 cups of hot water and 2 tablespoons of vegetable stock powder, or 3 cups of vegetable/ chicken stock.
- 1/2 a cup of milk.
- 1/2 a cup of heavy cream.
- 1/2 a cup of cheddar cheese.
- 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 1/2 a tablespoon of salt.
- Crushed white pepper and of chopped green onions for garnishing.
Steps To Cook The Potato Soup Recipe
- The ingredients of the potato soup have made it clear to you that the dish is not going to be a regular, but rather a creamy and cheesy one. Let’s see the process of cooking.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan on medium flame and melt the butter.
- Now add the chopped onion and celery to the pan and sauté them till they get translucent.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and fry them for two to three minutes.
- Then add the grated garlic and fry it till the raw smell gets away.
- Now add the vegetable/chicken stock. Or add the hot water and vegetable stock powder instead.
- Then simmer the heat and add the milk, cream, and cheddar cheese.
- Add the salt for seasoning, cover the pan with a lid, and cook the potatoes for about 10-15 minutes till the potatoes get tender.
- After 10-15 minutes, blend the soup using a blender, or you can skip the process and simply smash some potatoes using a ladle. I prefer to follow this step for a smooth and thick consistency of the soup.
- Taste and check whether the seasoning is okay or not. You can also add a little bit of sugar if you want some sweetness in the soup.
- Now sprinkle some crushed white pepper on the soup and switch off the flame.
- Pour the soup into a nice looking bowl and garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve it hot. You can have it with some croutons or garlic bread, which is absolutely optional as the soup itself is super tasty to win your heart.
Some Tips Regarding Recipe
- People who are lactose intolerant can use soya milk, almond milk, coconut milk, etc. instead of regular milk.
- You can also skip the dairy products and use two spoons of all-purpose flour for the nice white color and thickness.
- Always simmer or off the flame before adding dairy products to the soup or the milk, cream, etc. will curdle up and spoil the entire dish.
So, this was the potato soup recipe that comes with lots of nutrients in it. Do try it at home and treat your taste buds and body well.