Chicken is such a food item that people love to enjoy in its all variants. It can be fried, roasted, grilled, BBQ, soup, and much more to count. However, the roast chicken recipe has its own fanbase. The tender meat and the flavor of roasted spices make people go crazy for the dish. So, here are three recipes of roasted chicken for all the chicken lovers out there.
Yogurt And Herb-Infused Roast Chicken Recipe
To make this recipe for a person,
- Take the chicken thighs on the bone for the juicy flavor.
- Now make a few slits on the chicken and marinate it for 15 minutes along with some fresh lime juice and salt.
- Then for the second marination, mix half a cup of fresh yogurt with 1 tablespoon of garlic paste, a handful of chopped parsley leaves, some fresh or dried herbs, chili flakes, crushed black pepper, some salt, a dash of lime juice, and olive oil.
- Let the chicken sit for around 4-5 hours, and after that, preheat the oven on 180-degrees Celcius.
- Then brush some olive oil on the baking tray and place the marinated chicken thighs on the tray.
- Now place the tray into the oven and let it cook for around 15-20 minutes.
- And your yogurt and herb-infused roasted chicken is ready to serve.
A Whole Roast Chicken Recipe
In this recipe, we are going to roast a whole chicken that we can serve for around 4-5 persons. To make this recipe,
- Take a whole chicken that is cut and cleaned thoroughly.
- Poke the chicken thoroughly with a fork.
- Now in a bowl, take half a cup of melted butter, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of paprika powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin powder, 1 teaspoon of coriander powder, 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder, half a teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of ginger paste, 1 teaspoon of garlic paste, and 2 tablespoons of lime juice, and mix everything well.
- Then coat the chicken with the mixture from inside and outside.
- Let the marination seep into the chicken overnight in the refrigerator.
- Next day, take the chicken out of the fridge at least before 1 hour of roasting to defrost.
- Then preheat the oven at 200-degrees Celcius.
- Take the chicken out the baking tray and roast it for around 1-1:30 hours.
- Take the chicken out of the oven after every 15-20 minutes and pour the juice of the chicken on it to make it moist and tender.
- Then after 1-1:30 hours, the chicken will be ready to serve.
Charcoal Roasted Chicken
We are going to cook this recipe without an oven. To make this recipe for two persons,
- Take 5-6 chicken pieces on the bone and make some slits on them.
- Then marinate them with some fresh lime juice and salt and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Then marinate the chicken for 30 minutes along with half a tablespoon of each spice such as turmeric powder, paprika powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, and salt as per taste.
- After 30 minutes, heat a skillet on medium flame and melt some butter on it.
- Then place the pieces of chicken on the skillet and cook each side for about 2 minutes.
- It will take 10 minutes to cook, and then you have to take the chicken pieces out in a bowl.
- Now heat a piece of charcoal on the flame, put it in a steel bowl.
- Then place the steel bowl in between the chicken pieces, pour some melted butter on the charcoal, and cover the big bowl with a lid.
- Let it sit for 2-3 minutes for the smoky flavor.
- Then take the steel bowl out, and your charcoal roasted chicken is ready to serve.
You can easily cook all of these recipes at home and enjoy with your family and friends as well.